Michael Colbourne Is Really Confused By A Marker: A Story In Two Pictures.
at this point they can set up a 150m obstacle relay in room 14 and i’d believe it as if i saw it with my own two eyes
my reaction is always SOMEONE TAKE VINE AWAY FROM ROOM 14
never take vine away from room 14
Money can’t buy me happiness but it can buy me theatre tickets and that’s basically the same thing
get to know les mis london 2014-15 - christian edwards [grantaire]
I’m back from London where I watched Les Mis three times in one week (don’t ask), and have only one thing to say: Christian Edwards is THE Grantaire.
I’ll be on hiatus till July 22 due to my trip to Paris & London :) See you guys in week and a half!
tv show meme: [4/5] female characters | emma swan
"Just a lost little girl who didn’t matter and didn’t think she ever would."
Constance Lloyd Wilde and First Son, Cyril Wilde, 1889.
The continent of Europe is so wide,
Not only up and down, but side to side,
I couldn’t ever cross it if I tried,
One day I will figure out tumblr themes enough to have a little sidebar that links to all my meta, but today is not that day. So for now I’m just collating links in this post so I can *hopefully* find them more easily. Expect it to be edited frequently.
Rough drafts of sections of the essay on Enjolras and the Acceptance of Love:
Responses to the posted sections of the Enjolras essay:
- Stripy writes why Enjolras must die
- I respond with emphasis on why the second half of the novel was set against the failed June Rebellion
- Marthur points out that 19th century thought included the idea that a final revolutionary struggle would banish oppression from the world.
Ingredients of a good e/R fanfic:
- Sath’s original post, subtitled “let’s read Enjolras and Grantaire’s characters correctly, please”.
- My ongoing obsession with Enjolras’s character arc, subtitled “why it’s possible to write an IC e/R modern AU but no one ever does”.
- Ongoing discussion with tenlittlebullets about the whys of Enjolras’s rejection of Grantaire.
- Sath’s original post, subtitled “let’s read the Barrière du Maine scene correctly, please”.
- My ongoing obsession with the Barrière du Maine scene, subtitled “why it’s possible to write IC e/R interactions but (almost) no one ever does”.
- Ongoing discussion with tenlittlebullets about how the Evadne reference is not (primarily) about tits.
- Digression into ranting about how modern gay identity should not be imposed on the 19th century *or* classical antiquity, FFS.
Various collected rants on 19th century conceptions of sexuality, Enjolras’s rejection of the personal, and the Evadne/Aristogeiton/Harmodius references:
- Unpacking Enjolras’s initial descriptive paragraph (hint, the Evadne reference is not primarily about tits).
- More on Evadne’s bared breast, from tenlittlebullets
- Tenlittlebullets smacking down people who are wrong on the internet
- Enjolras’s rejection of the personal requires Hugo to make him queer
- Homosexuality in 19th century France resources
My dash can actually make me meta on Javert, what is that:
- Parallels between Javert and Enjolras (with a minor digression about Le Cabuc).
- Javert is expressly written as a lesson on the dangers of blind obedience to authority, followed by a less-random-than-it-seems digression on Hugo’s conflation of God with virtue.
Additional random stuff: